Friday, August 1, 2014

How I Made $600 With A Event Based Blog - Make Money Online

Posted by Muji


Making money out of a blog is the common thing that most of the bloggers do. Thinking in the same view I planned to do something to play with money around on this Ramadan. Although my intention was not making money but to improve my knowledge regarding to Blogging and SEO.

Though I made some mistakes during the creation and maintain process of this very blog I have took some serious steps too which lead me to my destination.

Revealing all rock steps that I have learnt in few days during Ramadan.

Choosing an awesome custom domain:

The first step ofcourse a very important step when you are on with a Event Based Blogging. You have to choose a very catchy domain and should be related with event partially or completely. You should not rely on blogspot.com default sub-domain, you have to buy an custom domain.

Learn How To Set Up A Custom Domain In Blogger With GoDaddy.

Its no wrong if you choose a domain by searching keywords but make sure you don't choose a long tail keywords that embarrass visitor.

If your blog is about cooking, try domains like cookingspot.com, cookingcorner.com not as iliketocook.com, cookingismyhobby.com. Long domains are hardly attractive and are only clickable if and only if they are highly advertised.

Due to some security reasons I cant able to reveal my website name here.

Choosing a complete responsive, attractive and easy to navigate template:

Making your blog or website responsive is your responsibility. You should not be done with making your website attractive but also responsive. Visitors are likely to leave your website if your website looks awkward in mobile or tablet. Take time for mobile visitors as they also play key role in website statistics. Give them a easy way to navigate from one page to another page easily for all type of users.

As said above, in order to select an responsive and attractive template I selected one of the default templates  in blogger and edited it myself according to my convenience and it went well.

Meta Tags and Meta Descriptions:

One of the main key play roles is meta tags and descriptions. As i'm using adwords it was not that hard for me to find out high SERP keywords to set in meta tags and wrote a catchy description in meta description.

Content is king:

Of-course the content is king. No matter what ever I do in my website, if there is no sufficient content i'm going nowhere with my website. I tried to be more efficient, reliable and genuine while writing content as visitors should get more unique experience.

Making content beautiful for both visitors and Search Engines:

Unless my content is represented in beautiful manner visitor doesn't stay way long in my website. I tried to represent the data in beautiful and attractive way by choosing relative images and relative and long tail keywords.

I used Google Adwords for Keywords and Long tail keywords. Keywords are the only things which helped me to make my website to do good in SERP. I selected some high priority keywords and inserted them in between content. I also used more number of keywords, although it comes under black hat technique as mine is a event based blog I didn't cared about the danger of un-indexing my blog from SERP.

Better Title for Better SEO:

Selecting the title is next main important thing. I made all the titles looks like the most searched queries from adwords. You just have to select a most searched query from adwords and insert into the title and mainly prefer for long keywords which are otherwise called as Long Tail Keywords. Titles that has high priority keywords which are in H1 tags are the heart to website and it was in my mind all the time.

Spreading the word:

Nothing but sharing. Sharing includes one of the best SEO technique that is commenting in other blogs similar to our blog. I chose many of the blogs which are related to my event and made comments on those websites.

One point that you have to clearly observe is commenting on other blogs is mostly done for the boost of alexa rank but here I used the same technique to spread my website among admins and other viewers because there is no niche for wishes and no boundaries for people to wish.

Sharing mainly includes use of Social Networking Sites mainly Google+. If you are thinking about facebook you are absolutely wrong. Facebook is the next thing that should be considered but before that I went for Google+ because it will share the post among the people in our circle and next big thing is google automatically indexes the content to the in its directory. Ultra fair, isn't it?

Master of SEO tools Webmaster Tools:

The frequent thing I used while developing my event based blog is webmaster tools. I used it every often time and I used it to submit my site's sitemap everyday without fail. I also made use of Fetch as Google tool as it also helps in indexing the site's data very fast.

Result:

As a result I got traffic of about 110000 visitors (both new and returning) which earned about $623 in just one day with an RPM of 9 as I made adsense as my primary income method.

Following is the report generated from Google analytics for the dates July 29 to July 30

And following is the adsense report for the dates July 29 and July 30


Final Words:

All the above things that i did went very well and gave me more confidence to move towards my blogging journey. 

All i want to say is making money is the not only the thing, as i said earlier i did this experiment for only to improve my knowledge regarding to Blogging and SEO. 

Still if you have any doubts hope you will use comment box below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment